Dr. Mahmoud A. ElSohly, President of PSI, is available as a consultant in the area of drugs of abuse and/or drug abuse testing and for testimony (depositions or court appearances). Dr. ElSohly is an internationally recognized expert in the area of forensic toxicology.
- Ph.D. in Pharmacy (Pharmacognosy), 1975, University of Pittsburgh
- B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Cairo University
- Board Certified Forensic Examiner (BCFE)
- Board Certified in Forensic Medicine (BCFM)
- President and Laboratory Director of ElSohly Laboratories, Incorporated (ELI), Oxford, Mississippi (1985-present)
- Research Professor, National Center for Natural Products Research, and Professor of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy; University of Mississippi (1984-present)
- Project Director, National Institute on Drug Abuse Marijuana Project, University of Mississippi (1981-present)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences
- Society of Forensic Toxicologists
- Fellow of the American Institute of Forensic Examiners
- American Chemical Society
- Fellow of the American Institute of Chemists
- American Pharmaceutical Association
- American Society of Pharmacognosy
- International Cannabinoids Research Society
- Member of Sigma Xi, Rho Chi, and Phi Kapa Phi Honorary Societies
- Papers presented at approximately 60 professional meetings since 1990, over 250 articles in scientific publications, and senior author on over 20 patents.
- Recognized by The Scientist (April 17, 1995) and Science Watch (January, 1995) as the second-most cited author in forensic sciences in the world for 1981-1993
- More than 250 presentations at scientific meetings of professional societies.
- Member of the editorial board for Journal of Analytical Toxicology
- Inspector for National Laboratory Certification Program, 1988-2003
- Member of U.S. Navy Inspection Team for Navy drug testing laboratories (1991-2003)
- Appeared as expert witness since 1987 in more than 70 military and civilian court cases related to drugs of abuse.